1. All visa applicants are required to fully complete and submit the electronic application (DS-160) form not later than five business days before their appointment date. Submission of a valid and correct DS-160 form is required before scheduling an appointment. Please ensure that visa applicants have complied with this requirement before they finalize their appointment. Please consult the U.S. Embassy holiday calendar to identify which days the office will close for business.
2. We will strictly implement our appointment cancellation policy. If visa applicants will not be able to make it to their appointment, they must cancel their appointment not later than 5 business days before the scheduled appointment date. Upon failure to cancel an appointment as required by our policy resulting in a no-show, the MRV fee receipt will be locked, preventing rebooking, for 30 days. Please consult the U.S. Embassy holiday calendar to identify which days the office will close for business.
3. Applicants must arrive at the Embassy gate only 15 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. There is no waiting area for applicants who come earlier than 15 minutes. Arriving earlier provides no advantage to the applicant.
4. Applicants must be reminded that electronic devices are not permitted on Embassy grounds.
For the safety and security of all applicants and employees, visa applicants are NOT PERMITTED to bring the following into the Embassy:
· any kind of electronic and battery-operated devices (mobile phone, digital camera, laptop, music player, portable game consoles such as PSP, thumb drive, mobile tablet, e-readers, and the like)
· lighter and any flame-generating device
· sharp objects including army-style multi-tool accessories
· crayons and markers
· any kind of food including chewing gum
· any device with an On/Off switch
Applicants who do not comply with these requirements will not be admitted to the interview. Their visa fee receipt will be locked, preventing rebooking, for 30 days. Feel free to inform us through this channel if you have questions and clarifications about the above-mentioned policies. The entire team of the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit appreciates your cooperation in observing the correct procedures for people intending to apply for visas to the United States.
Nonimmigrant Visa Unit | US Embassy Manila